• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Want a UNLOCKED P4 2.8c??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its "real" and its still on say 100 pounds with like an hour to go ill make a bid and borrow the money i dont have somehow :D

Im sure for a good price if you asked nicely he would send outside of the UK ;)

oh yes, i would buy it if it was worth it. Well, that 2.8c can act like a 2.4c a 2.6c a 2.8c a 3.0c, a 3.2c etc. But i dont know if its worth it. Besides the bid is goin up to like 300 at least probably.

either that or someone trying to get ahead

in the company. brown noser id say. Turning someone in for something we ALL would do if we could is just plain wrong. IF an Intel chip WERE to hit the market that was unlocked, It would surely mean the end of AMD. 64 bit or not.

Harry

I would suggest a mod close this thread. If Intel gets the idea this forum is supporting the trade of ES chips they could seek legal action.

TC said:
I would suggest a mod close this thread. If Intel gets the idea this forum is supporting the trade of ES chips they could seek legal action.

Im not going against what you said!!!, but this is an overclockers forum and an unlocked intel chip like that would be pretty awsome. This thread isnt directly at buying the chip, its basically just saying " theres a unlocked 2.8c on ebay" and seeing as they dont come about much is pretty cool to see one. :)

I agree - I had an ES for a while myself, but I got totally burned when I tried to sell it on Ebay. The legal issues associated with this are not worth the trouble and the risk to this forum.

Buying an ES chip from eBay is the dumbest thing anyone can do. That's the first place the Intel security department looks when they are trying to recover their property. ES chips are never sold, they are just "loaned out" by Intel. Therefore, buying one is illegal. Besides, they are usually early versions and don't always overclock to the max like production processors. The main advantage of course is that you can adjust the multiplier. The official policy of overclockers.com has always been the opposition of illegal activities, including the possession of stolen property. Enough said. Let's just hypothetically say if you ever do acquire an ES, it's not a good idea to mention it in a public forum.

If you buy an ES CPU, you are in possession of stolen property. Intel can and does confiscate these on a routine basis. So, all your money you paid would be down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back