• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 2600+ "Barton"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nirbush

Registered
I was just looking at the locked tables and it says everything under week 0335 is unlocked. I just got my processor from newegg and this is what it says AQXCA 0309UPAW does that mean its week 9? So its an unlocked barton? I would test it out but waiting for mobo to come.

Nir

will do getting my board around mon or tues so ill test it out then.

Nir

I got my OEM Barton 2600+ a few weeks ago (AQXCA 0311VPCW stepping). So far, I've hit 2.3ghz, but it needed 1.9v to do so. I've got some Arctic Silver 5 on the way to hopefully drop temps a bit. It was rock stable at 2.3, but I've dropped it down to 11x200 for 2.2ghz, where it only needs 1.8v (38°C idle, 44°C load). Provided better cooling, such as a water setup, I think it would overclock rather well, but it's hard to tell. I think my temps are holding me back a bit, but hitting 2.3 was good enough for me so far.

sorry one last thing, was it oem or retail?

It was OEM didnt need the great heatsink that comes with retail :)

Just got the Abit NF7-s today, so tonight ill test it all out see how it does hopefully good

Nir

So it is easy to get 3200+ speeds out of an unlocked 2600 then? As I posted in my thread, I can buy a week 6 2600 here at work today and one of the guys I work with has a Vantec Aeroflow hs/fan he said he'd give me - with an Abit NF7-S 2.0 and some standard PC3200, will I be able to do it and have the system be stable? (stable as in, my Radeon 9800P won't lock it up after 2 mins the way it does on my current system! (KT266 crap))

Thanks!
Ryan

Well finally got my board and processor in it and running. Havent plauyed around to much with overclocking yet but currently im running @ 2.405 mhz 12x200 and it has been rock solid vcore is 1.875 and temps are around 38c idle and 42c full load for 2 hrs. Homemade water cooling why the temps are low not as low as i want but they will do :)

Yeah im impressed with the 2600 not a bad chip at all, i played around last month with my old 2000xp (real good chip to i might add) was getting that up to about 2.300 took alot of work unlock the chip etc.. but now i got it retired in my second comp for now, running @2.050.

Back