• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7 billionaire. WOOT! But we need to run.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I was out of town last week thus no update. Spent the week in Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. Some great towns.

Late today because even though I had caught up with my work load, specific tasks had to be done this AM. So that out of the way, let's get to it.

We are chasing EVGA, NVIDIA, Hardware.no and PCMR. WOOT! We are being chased by EPFL IC-IT. Run! :escape:We have some heavy hitters on our team earning around 120 million ppd. Those are big numbers to be clear. The EPFL team has two users one earning over 2.3 billion ppd. It's hard to compete against that. Before trash talking this team and that user, let's make it clear that they are doing good things and it's really great that they are doing it. That said, let the trash talk begin.

HayesK is #32
WhitehawkEQ is #36
torin3 is #73 (Check out his Youtube channel to see his other hobby.)
dfonda is #89

Bonus:
Holdolin is #145 (He'll be in the official "top 100" before too long.)
HayesK_GRC is #220

We currently have the top 26 members of our team earning 1 million ppd.
Top 9 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 120 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning 130 million ppd or more.

Wow guys! Reading as I type and it's impressive.

We are still #9 in the world. EPFL could over-take us in about 4 months but we'll see. Usually large companies like this will fold a bunch of WU's when they have free resources. Ultimately, they'll have to get back to whatever business that they do and production will typically come to a hault. This is where our long term stamina comes in. We are distance runners with sprinters giving chase as it happens. We'll keep doing what we do and let the number lay where they may.

55 active folders with 6 being newer. 1 of those 6 is brand new. :welcome: . Average ppd for all active members is 9.33 million ppd.

harlam357 just earned 7 billion! WOOT! He and I are roughly neck in neck in a race to 8 billion. We'll see how that goes. Give a shout out to harlam357 for his big milestone. Hip hip... I mean WOOT WOOT!
hrsetrdr just earned 900 million. A first billion coming soon!
Raymond Abbott just earned 600 million.
freaky_friday just earned 80 million.
VampireMoonburn just earned 30 million.
Mike has earned his first 10 million! WOOT!
Birdgem has earned 3k. We don't normally give a shout out at this level but why not? Happy to see you on the team.

We missed last week and I'm sure some of you had some great mielstones that got missed. Please post below. Please like and subscribe.... wait... no. This isn't youtube so never mind. Please read and fold. :comp:

Well, that EPFL is a college campus running clusters. yes, i looked it up :p I'll trash talk 'em anyway cause, well, i'm me hehe. Either way, no matter who does them or why, they still WUs getting done.
On a side note, my prod will prolly dip this weekend as the fleet heads for...the basement. not a big fan of my house being 90F LOL.
At any rate, y'all rock out loud. keep up the great work :cheers:

I am in fact going to overtake OG HayesK before HayesK_GRC overtakes us both.

Other threats have fallen off the radar, so it looks like I will retain a top 10 spot and go over the 10billion mark before next week!

I was sweating just a few weeks ago looking at the threat list that I was going to have to grab a 4090 sooner rather than later to keep ahead. Looks like I can delay that purchase...for now. :ninja:

Yeah. I always seem to have one problem or another. I had a 3060 die. A new one too from EVGA. I sent it in via RMA. I also have a 3080 that is acting up. Don't know if it's my MB or the card. Also EVGA. In the process of troubleshooting now. If I could get my **** working, I'd be giving you a run for your money.

My PPD has not recovered to what it was a couple of weeks ago.
I was averaging around 42 million PPD for several weeks, then suddenly a new WU! Boom . . . . two days below 20 million. A week below 30 million.
Now, for the last six days my PPD has been over 30 million.
As can be seen in the attached image, I am still trending downward on my average. :cry:

And now I must put on my "big boy pants" and finish my tax return. :poop:

Attachments

• 2023_04_17.jpg
    2023_04_17.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 2
PFFfffffff....... Taxes. I keep hearing everyone scrambling to get thier taxes done. Should have been more like me. I did mine last year.

Well, that EPFL is a college campus running clusters. yes, i looked it up :p I'll trash talk 'em anyway cause, well, i'm me hehe. Either way, no matter who does them or why, they still WUs getting done.
On a side note, my prod will prolly dip this weekend as the fleet heads for...the basement. not a big fan of my house being 90F LOL.
At any rate, y'all rock out loud. keep up the great work :cheers:
After you posted this, I took a look. If I could speak the language, it'd be a great place to learn based on the view alone. More power to 'em. They are paying the electric bill after all. Good stuff.

Happy to hear that your move to the basement worked out. It's more work than some think to move a folding farm. Basement is a great place for it too in my opinion. Keep the heat away from the living spaces. ;) Thank you for all you do and happy folding to ya.

I had a folder fail a lot with the FAHCore_22.exe has stoped working error, and no matter how many time I reset it, it go in to a download-run-fail loop. So I turned the power off (pulled the plug) then turned it back on and it running fine now.

I had a folder fail a lot with the FAHCore_22.exe has stoped working error, and no matter how many time I reset it, it go in to a download-run-fail loop. So I turned the power off (pulled the plug) then turned it back on and it running fine now.
Wait, you're A+ certified and it took you HOW long to try "turn it off and back on"? :chair:

Wait, you're A+ certified and it took you HOW long to try "turn it off and back on"? :chair:
Most of the time I would only need to reset a folder and no problems, sometimes a card can get glitched and need a complete power shut down, also I had paused the folder 3 days ago till I felt up to dealing with it. I see you hiding under that chair :rofl:

Doing a shutdown is not the same as powering off as in unpluging the power cord, that is why I waited till today to deal with it :) Remember, I can't leap tall buildings in a single bound like you can :rofl:

Last edited:
Well, I have bad news and I have bad news, the bad news is the PC with the gliching card is now lockingup and clearing the CMOS settings, I have to reload from backup settings and can only fold with 1 card in dual card setup, the other bad news is that the PSU is old so it may be getting weaker and can't power 2 GTX 1080's anymore. Anyone have a sledge hammer I can use? :rofl:

so it's either the mobo is failing or the psu is getting to old. do you has spare parts to test with?

Edited to add:
I mean you could prolly run an app to check your voltage on the system while it's running. if it's the psu, i would imagine the 12v rail would sag even with 1 card if is weak enough to not be able to power 2 cards.

so it's either the mobo is failing or the psu is getting to old. do you has spare parts to test with?

Edited to add:
I mean you could prolly run an app to check your voltage on the system while it's running. if it's the psu, i would imagine the 12v rail would sag even with 1 card if is weak enough to not be able to power 2 cards.
With slot 1 on the PC that was locking up running all night and slot 2 paused, I'm sure now it's the PSU and not the MB as you can see in pic.

hfm8s1.jpg

Back