• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS office 2004

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well since 2003 just came out and I don't see anything on it on the microsoft website... I would guess around Q4 2004... as for differnces I doubt there will be many large ones too since 2k3 had some pretty big changes as far as features go... But Thats jsut me guessing so if anyone knows for real... :p

The next office will come out with Longhorn as Office XP sort of came out with Windows XP.

It'll probabably have the same name that Longhorn gets. Could be 2005. Maybe it'll be XP 2005 or something weird. Maybe even Office .NET.

I doubt it would be XP 2005, esp since the latest is just 2003... More likley to be Longhorn edition I would guess. Then again this is ALL speculation :p

wow you're guys have lots of money or its just me :(. I'm still using Office2000. The new one is so expensive tho, for student like me (loan money from gorvernment) i cant afford those expensive software. I got MS Office 2000 as a gift :p. I dont do much office documents so i'm happy with what i have.

I love OpenOffice, its FREE!!!

2003 outlook

2004 I was talking to a rep from Microsoft today. There is nothing coming out named 2004. However, there is something new coming he said” some time in the future.”

However, 2003 office has some nice features.

Yeah 2006... I tryed the free beta version which M$ gives for a year. Well, its kinda nice, but it has M$ spyware in it so i won't put it, as for the Office, if M$ will make a "Longhorn" version, ill probably use OpenOffice ;)
Tho i think M$ will wait couple of years so more people will buy Office2003 for more cash, and only then, theyll probably sell another one...

Office 2004 is the much needed update to Office on Mac OS X. There will be no Office 2004 for the Windows platform.

Office 2003 was originally named Office.net i beleive, then changed to Office 11, then they decided to go with Office 2003 as the name.

They likely wont have a new Office suit till 2006 - likely just some major service packs as office 2k3 had alot added to it from Office XP.

Back