• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easiest way to do a tri monitor setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DayUSeX

I have a ti4200, and would liek to tri montior my setup. I figured i could use the dvi to vga converter to get the second monitor, so i realised right now that my SN41g2 has that geforce 2mx or whatever integrated into the mobo, and has dual VGA outs. So here is are my potential options let me know which would work best.

1.) DVI to VGA converter and a PCI gfx card.
2.) Use the integrated DUAL VGA slots on the MOBO and the TI4200

Again all the montiros will be ran at 1600x1200 with 85hrz refresh rate, so factor that in, in all the choices. Most likely one screen will have MAX open, Photoshop on the ohter, and maybe Opera/aim/jukebox on the other. I dont really know if that makes a differnce, and as far as games are concerned only one monitor will be used for games, so im sure that would make the strain on the GFX alot easier.

I would use the onboard GFX first and just run one monitor off the Ti so that it only has to run one screen when playing games.

Back