• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.6C at 3.25 and going strong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biasos

Registered
First off I would just like to say that this forum has been invaluable in my quest to build my first computer.

So far, my 2.6C is running at 3.25GHz on an Asus P4P800 at 5:4 with the ram at 2-2-2-5 with performance mode set to turbo. I ran two instances of the torture test on Prime95 (one on each logical CPU) for 6 hours and my temps never exceeded 38C (averaged 36ish according to Asus PC Probe) with a room temp of about 20-22. Only time will tell how fast she will go. Wish me luck

Good Luck! :D

Nice Overclock!!! Glad you are happy with your CPU! Its the feeling every overclocker gets. Paying for a cheap cpu, and getting it to run like it was a million bucks! I know I had that same feeling when i got this sucker to run super fast!! I felt even better when i got my 300A celly to run at 450 back in the day!! Glad to hear your Prime is also stable! for me, i cant even get through a single minute of prime, because something happens to my HD, and i have to spend time running scan disk on it... =s

Hope you can get this stable at an even faster speeds.!
Enjoy!

Raven

i have my 2.6c @ 3.2ghz
whats your stepping? mine is SL6WS...
whats your voltage?

Same stepping, voltage was at the minimum on my board (1.525 I believe).

It is now running at 3.45GHz at 1.6VCore with performance mode set to turbo, ram at 5:4 with 2-2-2-5 timings, for 7 hours and 18 min (when I stopped it) Prime95 stable (2 instances) at 35C full load.

The reason why my temps dropped is because I removed a filter I had on the intake fan. I am still trying to determine whether or not the filter is worth it. With the filter, my temps are about 4-5C higher and I have negative pressure in the case. Without the filter, my temps drop and I have slight postive pressure.

new oc'er

Hey all... I'm oc'ing (for the first time) my P4 2.6c WS also. Stock cooling and regular 2.5cas Corsair PC3200 RAM, and I have my Asus p4p800 dlx up to 245fsb stable (prime95 overnight). If I push to 250, Prime95 will start crapping out after 5 minutes or so. I've been getting best performances with MAM Enabled and Turbo disabled. I have the vcore set to 1.56 (ASUS Probe reads 1.6, varying quite a bit).
What's the best move to push faster from here? Replacing the memory with low-latency or stuff I can 1:1 with? Better cooling (my temps read fine - 30C right now, and maybe up to 40-42C)? Tweaking Vcore? Any thoughts on how much performance I could gain?
I tried to see how high I could go on 1:1, and the memory seemed to run stable at 220fsb... which is better - 220 at 1:1 or 245 at 5:4?

Scott

Re: new oc'er

ses4j said:
which is better - 220 at 1:1 or 245 at 5:4?

Scott

If my memory serves me correctly ......

A higher FSB is always better . A higher FSB will result in about a 5% increase in performance vs memory bandwith of only about 1% increase .

and ....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS !!! :D :D :D

stereo555: thanks for the greets... :)

I'm willing to spring for extra cooling, but my temps seem okay. I run 30 idle, 43 or so max. Vcore at 1.57. What do I need to do to get it to run higher? Will it always be more reliable at higher vcore?

Also what kind of gain can ya get from 2.5 CAS vs. 2 CAS memory?

Thanks for all the info!

Scott

I've had my rig running as fast as my sig shows, but I've since tuned 'er down a bit, and am running 250fsb with a 1:1 ratio. It's been set to that for some six months now, and not a single problem.

....of course, I just jinxed myself so... :rolleyes:

I have a Week 19 2.6c thats in my siggy. It rocks. So far tho it seems to be a bit rare to get 3.5 on air with them. most seem to get luck and do well at about 3.25. Seems 250 FSB on these is about the average overclock. I havent seen any that wont do at least that. with your temps at just 36/38 you may have one like mine. loosen the memory timings up some and see where she will go. Also note that board undervolts some.

Good luck with it

Z

Back