• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When F6 Doesn't Work (XP Install)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lummoxx

I have a Promise TX2 Plus connected to a WD 120gb SATA drive.

If you boot from the CD, press F6 to load drivers when prompted, insert the mfg driver disk and specify the WinXP driver when told to, and yet when the installation reaches the point of searching for a previous installation of Windows, it cannot find any kind of hard drive, and setup cannot continue, just what is my next logical step?

I've verified the hardware works, since it is currently running fine as a second drive to the old IDE drive connected to the mobo primary connector.

Thanks.

I havent run raid in awhile, but I'm pretty sure when that happens, its because the drivers were not actually loaded when you pressed F6 and went through that stuff.

I would try dling the drivers and making a new floppy and trying it with them. Also make sure if that there are no subdirectories on the disk. The drivers have to be right there, not in a folder. At least if I remember correctly...

Some version of RAID drivers just do not take ( install) for some reason when "F6" is pressed . Try diffeant versions of the driver if possible .

Ok, thanks for the pointers, I'll give it a shot the next time I rebuild the machine. :)

Back