• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC'ing setup guides

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Does anyone know of any other links from the net other than the OC ones on how to build a WC setup? I just want to make sure i have all the correct details when building it. (and yes, i've read the beginner guides to building a watercooling setup from the overclockers.com website) Thanks for any links to help me be more assured!

where do u feel the most lost perhaps we/I can be of assitances

u need help with priming and bleeding?

sup3rcarrx8 said:
i'm unsure on how shut the system down while the pump is still running.

Turning the computer off with the pump running isn't a problem. The most important thing is that the pump be running when the computer is on.

Some people have the pump start the same time as the computer boots, others like to have the pump running before the computer is turned on, and some just don't turn the pump off at all. Depending on your setup, it might be a problem if you left the pump running for a long time with the radiator fan off; opinions are divided on this.

Will it be ok if i leave my fans off non-stop because i use two separate power supplies for some parts of my computer (ie one for hard drives and optical and motherboard connector and the other for fans and fan controller). But basically, what you're saying is that i can just turn the pump on and radiator with the fans blowing before i start the computer up right? And for shutting down, i should turn my computer off first and then turn the 2nd power supply off or either leave that running too right?

Oh yeah, here's the items that will be in my setup:
Maze 3
1/2" tubing
Maxi Jet mp900 pump
10feet of tubing so far (all 1/2")
chevy heatercore with 1/2 barbs hooked up already
and then two tornado fans

Rule #1: If the cpu is generating heat, the water system (including the radiator fan) needs to be running. I should have said that the first time.

Work the power supplies however you want, just don't violate rule#1:)

Use shroud(s) and try the system with 1 fan, it could be enough airflow and it would save space. For sanity purposes, try 7 volts on the tornado(s).

Back