• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CD-RW drive can't see old CD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TalvaranRW

Registered
my new CD-RW drive can't see my old burned CD-RW's but it can see my old CD-Rs. However it can see new unburned ones of the same brand. Anyone got any ideas do i need to reformat my CD's or something? Also umm i can get the models of my burners later but i'm actually supposed to be doing HW now so umm:rolleyes:

usually with problems like this, a firmaware update fixes it, or maybe the format ur old cd-rw drive burned it in isnt compatible with the new drive or something liek that, head over to ur manufacturer's website, update the firmware, follow all the instructions and u should be set...although if u ave more info about what cd-rw drive, i may be able to help u out more

Well CD-RW's degrade faster than CD-R's. You dont need to upgrade the firmware considering the fact that it is a new drive. Perhaps they were burned in a different format aswell so the drive may not be able to interpret what its reading.

Back