• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Portlist for games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flixotide

Hey there peeps

I've been given the tiresome task of creating a list of TCP and UDP ports used by as many games as possible. I've only been able to find some older homepages containing lists, so I figured I'd bump the question here.

Are there any lists out there of the most commonly used TCP and UDP ports? A game-by-game list.

I have the first 10-15 games that I know of myself, but kids today tend to have a million games on their puters, and they get really soddy if they parents bring in a firewall that kills em.. (not that I care, but the parents will)

Thanks

Flix

I'll try to find the RTCW: ET ports, but they seemed to have been deleted from the readme.

When people have tons of online games installed, they should have their IP set to DMZ.

Dlink has a list of all kinds of applications and their ports, on their webpage ill find a link and post it.

*EDIT* its smaller now but here it is

The Dlink list looks excellent, it fills out some needed progrs. Thanks

DMZ mode is not an option in this particular case, otherwise you're right.

Cheers, Flix

On that same page above it has a link to this page too Here. It has a whole lot more ports. That page has been bookmarked it's very useful.

Superb... things are looking very good now.

But ouch, some of those progs weren't programmed for security were they? :eek: Hopefully programmers will be more security minded in the future when buidling options for network play.

Thanks for the help guys!

Cheers, Flix

flixotide said:
Superb... things are looking very good now.

But ouch, some of those progs weren't programmed for security were they? :eek: Hopefully programmers will be more security minded in the future when buidling options for network play.

Thanks for the help guys!

Cheers, Flix

I agree, I was kinda shocked when I saw some of those games/apps needing a few thousand ports opened... :eek:

Same here I only thought that they would need 1 or 2 I see a few with 5 or 6 geez.

Back