• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Old Dell laptop cannot increase resolution on screen.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Rotory

Disabled
I've downloaded the drivers from the dell web site, however when i attempt to úpdate drivers, even if directed toward the correct folder, indicates that there was no driver found in that folder and proposes to use windows standard display drivers, which do not allow for a resolution increase or color increase (using 16 bit color and the screen is really small). Does anybody have a clue on this? I have tried to put the *.inf file on a floppy however this too does not seem to have an effect. Your help would be greatly appriciated.

Did you run the inf file when you do it will merges drivers info in so it can recognized and will ask for plugins

which windows OS is it? Also have you tried windows update. They usually have all of the stable releases for video drivers.

Back