• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios screen corrupt. Wrong resolution. On board GPU not working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leroy1985

So I'm having some problems with my pc, I recently changed thermal paste on my GPU and CPU as the GPU was overheating , CPU was fine but I thought I may as well. So playing kingdom come deliverence a demanding game temps are all fine so I have to believe I done the paste rite, was my first time.

Anyways the problem I got is I'm getting like a weird square block that's all multicoloured, not the whole screen just a square block, I've reflashed bios, also resolution isn't rite and can't see screen, checked all aspects ratios with TV.

At a loss what to do or what it could be, it can't be gpu drivers because bios is loaded before Os rite

Also onboard GPU not working, mobo p8z68-v , I've tried removing ram stick by stick. Reset jumper after removing GPU to try get mobo video. No idea what problem is

- - - Updated - - -

Pic of problem

Do you still have the video card installed or are you using the onboard video instead? This is not clear to me. The onboard video is disabled by default when you have a video card installed in a motherboard slot.

Are the weird video effects happening with the video card installed or with the onboard video? What you describe sounds like a video issue, not a RAM issue.

What thermal paste did you use for this? Some of them are electrically capacitive/conductive and if you put too much on so that it squeezed onto the wrong places it would cause problems.

Back