• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my multiplier locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mazdarx7

Registered
i have a amd athlon xp 2400 thoroughbred, and i am wondering if my multiplier is locked.

L337 M33P,
In reading the sticky on AMD CPUs, and following the link on Barton locked/unlocked chips, I got all hung up on the week code. I suppose that's there for people who are GOING to buy an AMD CPU. But I already have bought mine!!

So for me to tell if it's locked or not, I just have to go into the BIOS and choose a HIGHER (lower were always locked by default right) multiplier, and if it boots check CPUID for the specified multiplier? Am I correct?

marc999 said:
L337 M33P,
In reading the sticky on AMD CPUs, and following the link on Barton locked/unlocked chips, I got all hung up on the week code. I suppose that's there for people who are GOING to buy an AMD CPU. But I already have bought mine!!

So for me to tell if it's locked or not, I just have to go into the BIOS and choose a HIGHER (lower were always locked by default right) multiplier, and if it boots check CPUID for the specified multiplier? Am I correct?

Don't set it higher by much, maybe like .5 higher. If you set it too high you might get a no post from an ocing issue and that will give false conclusions. The best way is to just look at the week on your cpu and see if it is made week 39 or after.

Your multiplier is 15. Simply lower it to and try to see if it will post with a different multiplier and a lower speed.

Silent Buddha / c627627
Thanks for your help. I think I will try the BIOS method at this point, just because I'm running out of time here (my computer has been "down" forever) and I still have some Prime95 and MemTest86+ tests to do. I will check out the week code though if I am ever remounting the heatsink. :)

i have the exactly cpu as u, the XP2400+ Tb, but mines not lock.....

maybe its different.... i duno

Back