• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TruePower550 too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lini

Hi guys!
Today i changed my PSU from a Fortron 300W to an Antec TP550. I connected my 2 case fans to the dedicated fan molex. Everything is working fine, but I noticed that the PSU is getting hot(the case is warm around it). Also my temps climbed around 2-3 degrees. SpeedFan says the PSU fans are at a bit more than 1500RPM.
Is that normal? Should I get another case fan?
Thanks.

first of all, its not a very good idea to have the fans connected to the fan only connectors on the antec true550 becuase they are regulated by the temperature inside the psu, so the hotter it is inside the psu, the faster the fans spin, this isnt a very good idea if u are running a OCed system because of course, u are going to need all the cooling u can get, and if ur fans are thermally-regualted the psu, the fans wont spin very fast

just plug ur fans to the regular 4-pin molex and the air inside ur case should be cooler, also, make sure u have good airflow

the basic principle of fan orientation is to have cool air in btoom front/side as intake, hot air exhaust in back/top

also another thing is to have more air coming in the going out, this minimizes dust, but antoehr better way is jsut to have dust filters

Back