• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+ I didn't unlock but it works!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ROH

Ok, I've been away from overclocking and computer modding for a while. Finally getting time to play again.

Now in the meantime I recently purchased a new system with an A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard, anda nice little 2500+ barton. I set it up and left it.

last month a friend of mine picked up the same system and decided to overclock it. He was unable to get his CPU to change multipliers. He could boost the FSB, but no multiplier. Every time he changed it it booted back at it's default setting. I thought well it must be that the bartons are still locked.

Now to furthure the story I decided to play with mine just to be sure and mine works. I've currently got it running at 190 FSB x 11, but I've also in testing had it running a multiplier of 12.5x166 and a few other settings! the system shows performance changes AND all system tools show it as overclocked.

Which one of us is the norm for these chips? I've looked over my chip with a fine toothed comb and there are no areas that look tampered or flawed that I can see, and after all it came out of a sealed retail box!

Thanks for the input.

Richard

after week 39 they started locking the bartons
looks like you got an unlocked one and he didn't get so lucky
perfectly normal though

Back