• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my radeon 9800np a little slow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sk-

Hey

I got my ATI Radeon 9800np not too long and the games that I play seem to lag. I ran 3dmarks03 to see what I score and i scored 2448.

I have no idea if thats low or average... But games like Need for speed underground lag extremely with all the detail on at 1024 resolution.

Warcraft3 lags when there is heavy action going on, im just wondering if this is normal or is my videocard alittle slow?

My PC specs are listed below.

That is pretty slow. Did you make sure you have AA and Anis filtering turned off when you ran 3dmark? A 9800np, with stock settings should net around 4800 3dmarks.

well i set both AA and AF on the lowest setting which is 2x. And i scored 3658... still seems kinda low

yup im a dumbass i forgot i was running on old ati drivers, i upgraded to cat 3.10 and i scored 4791. I guess thats more like it

Great to here you got it worked out. You actually want to set AA and AF to application preference when running 3dmark.

Application preference lets 3dmark decide if it wants aa/af, and it doesnt, so you will get better scores. Most people bench with everything set to the highest performance settings, but I dont believe in that.

if u don't know already go to www.rage3d.com and download Rage3D Tweak v3.9. Install, reboot and u should see a new taskbar item. Right click on it, go to rage3D tweak and pick accordingly. Reboot PC and have at it.

wide;)

lol ya i raised the ram and core by a few mhz and i scored over 5081 in 3dmarks03. Its fun and addicting lol but i dont want to burn my videocard since is running on stock cooling and all of my case fans run on 7volts.

Oh and my radeon is running on 342.00 MHZ core and 310.50MHZ memory.

Back