• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c or 2.6c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I have 2 sticks of ch5 khx3500 and was wondering which would be a better choice to get to overclock. And also what motherboard have people been using thats overclocks the ch5 chips highest and most stable?

JD just picked up a 2.4C with the new MO stepping and is currently running @ 301fsb on default vcore. Look for the new MO stepping and you can't go wrong.

Got to get me one of those myself. :drool:

texasfit said:
JD just picked up a 2.4C with the new MO stepping and is currently running @ 301fsb on default vcore. Look for the new MO stepping and you can't go wrong.

Got to get me one of those myself. :drool:
306 my freind. the 2.4 is better, it will have a higher quad pumped fsb than the 2.6, and the 2.4 will clock higher. unless you have supercooling, the 2.4c is the best buy out of all the chips. clock for clock, it will be faster than any of the other 800 bus chip.;)

go with the 2.4c mine on air does 300fsb with a 5/4 divider and my geil golden dragon pc3700 on my ic7-g with ease ooh @ 1.60v@50*C load (i dont know y but my load temps drop every day and its 65*F outsied right now :p and its january hehe anyways like what was said earlier clock for clock the 2.4 will outpreform other intels due to the higher fsb :p

I would go with the 2.6c

A lot of people will tell you the 2.4c because that is the most famous overclocker, but the 2.6c is better. It is only $5 more on newegg and you start out with 200 mhz more stock! I got mine up to 3.6 ghz, and you don't see many people getting that with the 2.4c. (I've since clocked it down a little so I wouldn't have to pump so much voltage).

For hardcore overclockers, the 2.4C SL6Z3 is a good choice. But, with PC3500 RAM using CH-5 chips, the 2.6C might be a better choice. The CH-5 RAM don't like the super high FSB as much as BH-5 does. Also, I think the Asus P4C800 is a little more tolerant of RAM with CH-5 chips (even though I personally prefer Abit).

Back