• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a *safe* limit on voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hello,

I was wondering what is a safe limit on a Geforce 4 4400Ti?
The card is made by creative if it makes a difference.
It has the stock HSF, but has a good airflow over it and an exhaust fan just below itself.

Any advice?

My memory is at 2.7, and I left my GPU at stock.
Will I get any problems or benefits if I upp the GPU voltages by 0.1v?

Umph, in this case the memory part of my post is crap, I thought your mem defaults at 3,3V as it does on my Ti4200.
Procedure for voltage raising : check the maximum overclock w/ stock voltage - raise voltage 0.1 - try to oc some higher - raise again 0.1 - try some more oc and so on. You'll reach a point where more voltage won't give you more oc, obviously it's no use to go beyond it.
Beware : this will cook your GPU w/o proper cooling!

Did you lap your GPU?

No, I haven't touched my GPU before.
I have only recently tried to overclock it.

I was thinking of getting a Vantec Iceberq4 Pro, as it seems to be the mainstream GPU cooler. Is there anything else, without going to watercooling, as thats going to be done later in the year.

My temps in general are very good, for aircooling anyway.
I have good airflow throughout the whole system

No I didn't want to do anything without getting any info on it first.

For VGA: 10% for GPU, 15% for Memory

I always check the actual voltage first before doing the mod. Sometimes the VGA's gpu and memory are already over voltage from manufacturer. eg. memory voltage on ATI 9800 PRO is 2.9V default, while the DDR modules are rated 2.7V by Hynix or Samsung.

Back