• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i get scared, does anyone else?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rhino56

i gte scared when i am overclocking and i go further then i have before. i get really scared when things start to crash or freeze up because its just too much, like today i got over 3.2 ghz and my 9700 pro i had 356 core and 336 memory.
things started to get shaky and i started to think to myself. well what happens if i burn out this comp?
and i am scared that it might just happen.

I've never gotten scared, b/c I know if I have the voltage in a safe range the worst that can happen is a corrupted HDD. Call me ignorant, but I've never lost anything just b/c I've pushed the FSB or core speed too high.

I've head memory can be damaged if you run it too high for a decent period of time. But when there are foot long tears across your screen your pretty thick headed if you think nothing is wrong and don't back down.

whats the highest voltage that is safe?
the highest vcore ive gone to is 1.675 from stock setting is 1.525

Not so much scared but more of a "rush".

I mean everytime I reboot my computer and wait for that much-anticipated "beep" its a major rush. Its like the potheads marajuana, the performers applause, the mac users cheated benchmarks......Knowing that you just bought a $200 part and making it worth $500 is great. The riskier the better.....unless you fail. I wont go there.

I am never "scared" about something going wrong until something DOES go wrong.

I don't get too worried, after you burn up a chip or 2 and a motherboard you realize the make them everyday and it's just another parts, granted it could have been a sweet part but just a part still and it's only money;)

-Milkman

I don't get scared until there's reason to be. Like when I attempt a new OC, and not only does it not boot, but clearing the CMOS dosen't do anything :eek:

It's times like those I get REALLY scared about if I did something. Then I realize I just forgot to switch back on my PSU :rolleyes: :cool: :D

I mean everytime I reboot my computer and wait for that much-anticipated "beep" its a major rush. Its like the potheads marajuana, the performers applause, the mac users cheated benchmarks......
That it is my friend. That it is.
Me thinks part of that's going into my sig soon :)

JigPu

Nothing can happen by pushing the FSB/multiplier to infinitaz0r. Hold down insert, boot into XP, clean up the mess I made in 2000, get back to doing whatever I was doing. (More tinkering)

i go into bios, i raise the voltage to 1.7 i am shaking but im not going to be afraid this time.:eek:

rhino56 said:
i go into bios, i raise the voltage to 1.7 i am shaking but im not going to be afraid this time.:eek:

Just dont go over 1.7 Vcore :) Then you ARE taking unneeded risk of killing your CPU.

Back