• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E-Mail Worm Spreads Fast Over Internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
:eek:

keep an eye out for it:D

Here is my very favorite email virus avoidance trick:
do not open ANY email attachment from ANYONE unless you have been given prior notice that it is coming.

Works to keep infection-free from most email viruses.

A lot of people may get annoyed when you tell them you deleted those 6 pics they sent because you weren't expecting them, but they'll get the hang of it. ;)

Yep. Crazy stuff. My school's email servers were down for the weekend and have been a bit flaky since. Wonder if it has something to do with this?

The [email protected] mailing list has gotten about 6 infected mails in the past 2 days. My school they actually had to make an announcement:
Attention all staff: there is a new e-mail virus going around. Do not access your e-mail today and when you log on tomorrow, delete all e-mails from unknown sources and do not open any .zip attachments from known sources.

Mr.Radar said:
My school they actually had to make an announcement:

Announcement to the teachers over the intercom for us; this is during 2nd period, ~10AM; my botany teacher quietly said "too late for that...". She had already been infected by the worm at ~8AM. Silly school. :rolleyes:

i dont even check my email unless its when i sign up for something, i do everything over aim

Back