• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

installing windows xp on new harddrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tym

Registered
I currently have an outdated store-bought computer. I'm planning to upgrade, but my only concern is the installation of Windows. My old computer came with a "Restore CD", which will install Windows XP Home for me, but I would MUCH prefer installing from a friend's Windows XP CD. On the side of my case there is an OEM Windows Key. My question is, can I use this OEM key to enter when using my friends Windows XP Home CD? And if it does work, will I have trouble activating Windows?
Thanks in advance :)

I can tell you but I don't think the forum admins approve of this sort of thing since what you want to do illegal. If they don't care then I would be more then happy to help you out.

might be advisible to talk about these things in p.m's not in open forum's so as not to cause any problems for yourselves

Back