• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't install One_Click v2 with my name...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Melhisedek

hi mates!
Well I tried to install Wedos One Click ( found in sticky at the top of the page ) but I can't get it to fold under my name. It either folds for Wedo or for Anonymous.

Any ideas ?

I extract it to Desktop or a map on Desktop. I use notepad as well. I also get some "service*something*.bat" file after clicking .exe file and installing.

Thank you for your time!

taken from the ultimate FAH install guide

Only use notepad to edit the client.cfg as WordPad, Word, or any other word processing program will mess up your config file

well... I have the older One-click.. and when I used notepad to edit the cfg, it would default to anonymous.. so I used wordpad and all was good. ( the squares that come up in notepad are returns in wordpad). Try it -- really what do you got to lose?

Word pad is wrong. Notepad is right. But try this, Install the One-Click like normal, stop the service, delete the config and make a shortcut to the FAHConsole4 with the flags. Click the shortcut and you will have to do the configuration right there in the console and then after it downloads the WU and gets started, Ctrl+c the console and restart the computer so it's running folding as a service.

Man that is mighty complicated. I can't do that with all my borgs. Is there any cleaner way ?
Does anyone have old version of One-Click? That one worked great...

That takes like 2 minutes if even that, but hey, it works if you are having trouble with the One-Click. I just added 5 2.4 P4's with the One-Click doing it this way on Saturday.

It's easy for me but I have a few borgs that can't even turn off their rig and I won't be heading their way in a long time :(
But as I said if anyone have old OneClick (1.7 I think) I would like to have it :)
Never had a problem with it.

Thanks a lot mate !
This will save my butt =)
One Q though... If I am to install this one on an AMD what flags do I need to set ? And do I need to download latest core in order to do so ? Of course where can I download it as well =)
Sorry I'we only been using OneClick so I'm pretty spoiled ( Thank you Wedo =P )

Thank you for your time!

The latest core will download itself. And afaik... this has the flags set for SSE on everything so you should be good. (If your processor donesn't have SSE, it will just run it with 3DNOW!)

Hmmm... I don't understand why you're having difficulty. I just used the latest One-Click last week, downloaded from the link, to borg five rigs and it worked fine.

I'll check it out.

Wedo

Yeah it's pretty weird I admit :/ It creates folder FAH under my "Program" folder and not "Program Files" (although I have one) and it's either Anonym thingie and team 0 or it is your name and all the correct info in .cfg
I tried extracting and running it from Desktop, folder on Desktop and lastly from "program files" folder on my C:
Also I tried changing to my name with both Note and WordPad.

I can't uninstall it ( it doesn't show up in add/remove programs menu like the previous One_Click ) so I delete folder and sometimes ( I must have tried to install it at least 20-30 times so far ) I clean up in the registry.

I have swedish version of WinXP home if that is important :)

Hope we can solve this one so I can get back to spoiled :p

Update:

The ASM version works fine (which is the one I have been using for borgs that I can't have lock up) but the SSE version is all jacked up. I'll work on it as soon as I can.

For now, you can use the ASM version and just regedit the flag, sorry for the goof.

Wedo

Back