• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guaranteed DLT3C stepping 1800+ chips for sale at Compu-Plus!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
I figured I may as well post a new thread about this so more people can see it - two others so far have bought processors here, and received week 48+ chips that are unlocked.

These are normal 256k cache Thoroughbreds, thought to be discontinued, but apparantly still in production in small numbers.

The webpage says that the stepping is guaranteed DLT3C too:

More Info & Product Specification
* Model AXDA1800DLT3C;
* With QuantiSpeed architecture - Optimum balance between work per clock cycle and operating frequency;
* Operations per clock cycle - More operations per clock cycle deliver faster software execution;
* Total effective, on-chip, full-speed cache - Level 1 [L1] + Level 2 [L2], Larger on-chip cache helps loading and switching between applications;
* 3D and multimedia software optimization - Enables more lifelike 3D imaging and graphics, and 52 new, instructions extend the capability of AMD’s 3DNow!, technology to more software than any other processor!
* 1.53GHZ
* 30 day warranty
* Pictures are for illustration purposes only.

So, if you want a (probably unlocked) DLT3C 1800+ Thoroughbred, and have $49 to blow, this may well be your place :)

Beats buying a locked Barton if you ask me ;)

LINK TO PRODUCT AT COMP-U-PLUS

There's nothing preventing them from being T-Bred A's, and considering how no one really wants those, that's probably what they are :(. People are just going to have to get used to being a little more careful in configuring a system now. A locked multiplier really shouldn't be an issue for most.

True, excepting that the two that have been reported here are both 'B's. Sure, two reports doesn't mean much if you consider the number of chips they possibly are selling; it's always a chance you take unless you see the chip before buying.

This is mostly interesting because it shows that the Thoroughbred is still in production.

They are most likely B cores but I'm having some problems of getting any good speeds out of mine. It's very comparable to my DUT3C 1700 in terms of speeds. Only goes up to 2.1 reliably, after that, fails prime at any voltage.

Fronic said:
Only goes up to 2.1 reliably, after that, fails prime at any voltage.

well that is something to be determined still... as you and i both are using a7n8x's, which stupidly limit vcore to 1.75v. this weekend we will find out when i break out the nf7 once again, and i will really give this chip the juice that it wants. i can promise you that with enough volts it will do 2300, as mine did, but volts are the issue there.

*after-the-fact-edit* sorry, i just now noticed were using 1.9v... i still think it will do 2300 with enough juice. like i said in the other thread, my dut3c's were funny in that they like to be burned in for quite a while before really being pushed.

Are you sure it shows that it is still in production? T-bred A cores had been out of production for a very long time, but they can still show up on recent week chips.

Back