• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant overclock with epox 8rd+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultimasailing

Registered
helllo, i have epox 8rd+, rev 1.0, and always run stock speed.
it is amd 2100+(pally), tt volcano 12 with arctic silver 5, crucial 2700 2x256mb dual, antec350
i went into the bios, and cpu clock is 133 mhz, multi is 13, vcore 1.77v, vdim 2.65v, vdd 1.6v
so i changed cpu clock to 166, multi to 10 to make 1600 but the comp wont boot, it said "Overclock fails, recheck cpu setting in cmos settings, and save before quit". It shows 1500+ rating. i cant seem to overclock at all, so i have to load up default settings, and it shows 2100+.
the reason i bouight this board because some reviews said it is a good board to overclock
thanks for helping.

Did you unlock your Pally? I don't believe you can change multi without modding the CPU, you need a T-Bred\Barton to run with multi in stock form.

Regards, Balrog

ah, i see, need to unlock my cpu

i got it now, so it seem that without unlocking the pally, i can only up the fsb, maybe i should max out the fsb, and test out the stability with sandra before trying to unlock the cpu, thanks.

Yup, Up that FSB, don't get your hopes up too much Pallys weren't the best OCers. If your HSF is good and you can monitor your temps I'd go to 1.8-1.85V on your VCore as the default on those is fairly high if I remember. NewEgg has XP1700+ from time to time, these should all be unlocked as they stop production before AMD starting locking multis on T-Breds. It'll be hit or miss as to whether you score a B version though an A will still OC better than your Pally and is unlocked already, you could keep the Pally as a back up.

Regards, Balrog

would speedstrip work?

i am quite clumzy so i dont want to bust anything, hoping speedstrip can unlock. would it be a decent overclock if the overclock is the same as the pr rating? like getting 2100 out of a 2100+?
i got up to 1575 mhz on my pally 1600 with 150x10.5 at 1.775 vcore

As far as Speedstrip goes I'm afraid I can't help you there, I've never used it. Thats a respectable OC for a Pally 1600 IMHO, according to the CPU database here at OC 1975mhz was the average OC on a 2100+ Pally, but my guess is they had unlocked the CPUs first.

Regards, Balrog

like balrok said: go get a good B core 1700+ and it will do miracles for you! even with the worst stepping like my DUT3C JUICB you can go 2 ghz, a JUIHB should give you minimum 2.2-2.3 ghz.
and if you sell the 2100 you can even make an extra buck on it ;)

Well it looks like AMD are making the slower XPs again but now they are multi locked as well. Your best bet would be still be a XP1700, XP1800, or Barton 2500+ as even if they're locked the stock multi is low 11X, 11.5X so that you can still get a decent OC just using the FSB. www.excaliberpc.com has older T-Bred As that are unlocked but they won't OC as far, they also have newer XP1800+ DLT3C $65.00 which have a default VCore of 1.5V so these should OC well even with their locked multis. Otherwise the newer locked Barton 2500+ are OCing great even on default VCore, you should get 200FSB out of those no problem, might make 210FSB with good memory, cooling, PSU and some luck.

Regards, Balrog

Back