• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pentium or amd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

makaka

my freind have plan to by a new pc what is the best performance and oc ,3dapplication and server software
pentuim 2000
petuim 1800
barton 2500
memory 400 ddr
geoforce 4 ti 128
or

memory 400ddr
pentuim 2400
geoforce 4 mx

THANKS

Wait....what? I see a list there, two lists I think, and if that's what they are, they don't make sense. Unconfuse me, please :)

I mean, there appears to be one list, this:

"pentuim 2000
petuim 1800
barton 2500
memory 400 ddr
geoforce 4 ti 128"

and then this:

"memory 400ddr
pentuim 2400
geoforce 4 mx"

In the first list, there are 3 processors listed, in the second, one, this confuses me.

Well automaticly I will eliminate all those cpus accept the barton and the 2400p4.

Now I will flip a coin and decide which one I would suggest (dont have to go by this, but this is how I choose between AMD and Intel now)

Here goes: Tails, I choose the AMD.

haha thats funny KROWA02! :D

i vote for 2500 min. but your friend really should save a lil more and upgrade to the future. a64 :) i dont see a point in getting an outdated new system. thats just me tho

Barton 2500+.

Al Romero - are you watercooling/phase change cooling that duron - or is that aircooled w/ a tornado fan?

Edit: If I read, I usually find the answer :)

Is 14°C (57°F) a reasonable temperature? What is your ambient air temperature?

Last edited:
thanks for your help i had recommended him the same barton 2500 but hi not beleve. hi is know under reading this post and hi is totaly agree know tomorow the new barton will come ;)

hey makaka, why would you post a pentium or amd thread in the amd forum?? most people that hang around in here will obliously pick amd... and tell him to get what he wants if money's not a problem go for the 64.

Back