• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air cooling that will be quieter than Intel's stock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airness23

Registered
Are there better fans which make for better cooling that is as quiet if not quieter than Intel's stock fan's sound?

I have a 2.4@290fsb, at which it maxes out on stock cooling, Im guessing it would go little higher if I gave it better cooling (it reaches up to 60C now). So are there any good cooling options that will most likely allow me to raise its fsb even higher, while not being louder than the stock?

Absolutely. My SP-94 + Panaflo High Speed is quieter than the stock HSF and blows it away in terms of cooling capacity.

BTW, shouldn't this go into the cooling forum?

my fan is quite too, it works great and i got really cheap... :)

Airness23 said:
[email protected] (300) 1.725V IC7

(it reaches up to 60C now).
:eek: :eek:

you are running 1.725v with STOCK cooling? there is no way that thing is stable, let alone prime stable. i say, and most agree, that voltage over 1.7v is not safe, no matter what cooling you have. some of the guys with vapochills and such might have more money to spend on a cpu, should it die, but personally, i'd like to stay away from SNDS.

if the only way you can hit 3.6GHz is to use 1.725v, then i'd say that is a BAD overclock, and you should settle for 3.4-3.5 at much more reasonable voltages. a nice SAFE oc to enjoy for years and years to come. :p

Yea, my 2.4 refuses to run stable at 3.6 no matter what voltage I supply (tried up to 1.75v) it either fails prime within 10-20 mins or there is windows freeze. 291Mhz at 1.65V seems to be the limit of the chip, with which I've settled. Temps range from high 30s to low 60s, depending on load, but atleast its stable. I basically did not gain anything from upgrading to SP94+panaflo from stock, cuz aside from dropping temps slightly, cpu still refuses to run at ~300 :/

Back