• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob wants to know if this will get me to 3.5??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norweed

Registered
Intel 2.8c
Abit IC7-MAX3
With either:
Abit IC7-MAX3 i875P P4 800FSB
Corsair TWINX1024-4400PT 1GB DDR550 XMS4400 Ultra-High Bus Speed Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader
OR
Corsair TWINX1024-4000PT 1GB DDR500 XMS4000 Dual-Channel Memory w/Platinum Heat Spreader

CPU colling would be done with a Zalman CNPS7000A-CU Pure Copper CPU Cooler.

Sorry for the NEWB question but I really want to make it to 3.5 on my first try. Anyhting thing I should watch out for?

your best chance at getting to 3.5 would be to find a vendor that's selling SL6Z5 steppings like azzo.com or zipzoomfly.com.

You have a good chance of 3.5 gig, although nothing is guaranteed. Look at my signature, I have a 2.8C running at 3.5 gig. The PC4000 will probably be all you need if it's cheaper. The average is probably more like 3.4 gig, but some of the SL6Z5 have gone as much as 3.6 gig on air. It's a gamble.

M0 is the stepping mask name given by intel. Its basically a EE that didin't cut the mustard I believe. SL6Z5 is the stepping code I'm not all too familiar with what they mean exactly but I believe the 5 indicates its a 2.8c and the 6z that its an m0 stepping. Knowldgable intel folk please correct me if i'm mistaken. :)

Hey Norweed whats up LOL decided to give LS1.com a break eh?

I don't know the first thing about intel steppings... just saying whats up.

Good luck with that o/c

ChillPhatCat said:
Hey Norweed whats up LOL decided to give LS1.com a break eh?

I don't know the first thing about intel steppings... just saying whats up.

Good luck with that o/c

HAHA....I'm recognized on other boards....haha. I guess you leave the car stuff to car poeple and the computer stuff to computer poeple.

Back