• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it full speed???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X-Michael

i 've a real problem for my PIII 733eb,it just can stable
at 770,is that full speed for it damn CPU???Have increase voltage to 2.0v,and get a damn big fan.It just can run half 3d mark or at once get a F*** blue screen.

My system:733 eb,196m for pc133,AmazaPc motherboard (694x+686b),geforce 2 Mx, IBM 15GB HD

X-Michael

EB chips are okay but they are harder to overclock than the E chips. If you haven't tried RAM cas setting to all 3, then try what Placid said.. because currently you're looking at 140fsb@ 770. It's more likely your CPU is maxed out or your RAM at this level. Is your CPU real old or new? The newer stepping should help you overclock well also.. Also, if you got some other RAMs, then try those too..

Ive never had a blue screen from lack of core voltage to your processor nor a blue screen from maxing out my chip but if i start maxxing out my memory instant blue screen, if cas 3 does not help see if in your bios you can turn your memory to minus clock speed and also check to see where your ns memory setting is set at that will help to get rid of the blue screen blues. Some ram does not like to run out of spec, I think your chip has allot more to give but your going to have to get around this memory thing first. just my two cents.

First of all, 3dmark is not a good indicator of an unstable system, as it can be affected by what video card drivers you use..I know, because I hack every driver set I get for my TNT2 Ultra, and go into 3dmark right after to check out my scores. Some drivers will work fine, and some are just garbage.
You might want to get some recomended ram modules....I personaly like Mushkin, although Crucial has been proven to be very tolerant to high bus speeds, (from what I've read).
Both my Mushkin modules will do 150mhz+...one is rated cas2 @ 133, and the other is rated at cas2 @ 150.
I would also NOT sacrifice cas timing for a few mhz, as it was proven that cas2 is faster than cas3 even when cas3 is 100mhz higher.
So if you set your cpu to say 800cas3, it would be slower than if you set it at 700 cas2, and anybody can verify this by running sandra at both settings...You'd be amazed by the results.
BTW, I got some off the shelf PNY memory (infineon) module and it is doing 140mhz in my BE6.
Your results may vary :)
Also please remember that younger people come here to learn as well as adults, so please be carefull with your language.
Thank you for understanding

Actually.. I liked X-Michael's language style.. it's so cool!!.. I think as long as a person doesn't mean to cuss directly to someone, it should not be considered rude. =0

Back