• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the Logitech z-680's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blueboy1986

I just got the logitech 680's wow they are nice. i got a creative aduigy 2 sound card to go along with it:p . They sound wonderfull. Well today i was trying them out really closely. Well i started listening to music and then i touched the back of my sub. It was really hot. Not to the point to where it bruns but i was really hot. I was just wondering is this normal. They do use passive cooling right? BTW i had all levels set all the way up

yes, that huge heatsink on the back is what they use for cooling. it does get *very* warm after prolonged use, especially at higher volumes.

oh yeah, turn it up, wait about 5 mins, then touch it, gets super hot, also they have a built in temp prob that will shut the speakers down if they get too hot.

I third that opinion. You can double just about any solid state amplifier as a warming plate.

Back