• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor color issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doodah10

I have 2 PC's with dual monitors. One is older with an nVidia GeForce 256 AGP card and a TNT2 64 Pro PCI card. The other is the one described in my signature below. The older one has had a 19" Dell P991 Trinitron flat CRT and I just added a second (used) one. Same for the new PC, I just added a second (used) 21" Dell P1110 Trinitron.

I liked the color better on the 2 monitors I recently acquired, better than on the ones I've had for a while. After adjusting the color settings with the monitor’s controls, the older ones now have a picture equal to the newer ones once warm. However during the POST screen/start up, both older ones are lighter more washed out than the newer ones. The black of the POST screen is noticeably blacker than the old monitors. What causes this? Does this mean they've had more use, are dieing, or can this be changed?

I haven't looked at the Mfg. date of any of them so I don't know if my new used ones are newer or not.

Back