• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2500 barton bridge mod.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IdreamofDSl

I will be ordering a mobile Barton from newegg in the near future.

I am wondering if you can cut or connect a certain bridge on the CPU to match that of a non-mobile Barton so my NF7-S recognizes the CPU correctly. I know that it will work ok without doing this but I would like it to show correctly in the bios test screen and in windows.

The reason for this is I always get my new CPU’s paid for when friends or family have me build them a new computer, I usually give them my old processors and they buy me a new one for building the system. When the mobile Barton is retired in this manner I would like for it to show correctly.

Thanks for your help in advance... Later

EDIT: If anybody has a link to pics and or charts of what jumper does what on a barton proc please post links. Also if there is a bios hack to properly identify the proc that would be nice also.

Last edited:
I thought no matter what speed you set it at, it still says
"unknown cpu" when booting and in device manager. Yes it reports the actual MHZ but it does not say AMD Athlon (tm) or anything to that affect.

I remember you cut a bridge on the L5's, I believe it is the next to the right last one, so that would be the 4th bridge from the right. My friend this perfectly with a 2400+ Mobile on his old KT400 Mobo.

I will trade ya for my normal 2500+ Barton (unlocked). I don't care what the ID says. PM if interested. AQXEA 0323 is the stepping. 2.2G @ 1.65V. 2.4G @ 1.8V.

You have to cut the 3rd (2nd from right) L5 bridge, it will become an MP, and if you also cut the 4th, it will become a regular AthlonXP processor.

My friend this perfectly with a 2400+ Mobile on his old KT400 Mobo.
????

I will trade ya for my normal 2500+ Barton (unlocked). I don't care what the ID says. PM if interested. AQXEA 0323 is the stepping. 2.2G @ 1.65V. 2.4G @ 1.8V.
No thanks, I am already running the Barton in my sig. I am building a new computer for a friend next week and I am having him order a mobile Barton from Newegg. I am going to swap Bartons with him because he could care less about overclocking.

You have to cut the 3rd (2nd from right) L5 bridge, it will become an MP, and if you also cut the 4th, it will become a regular AthlonXP processor.
So all I need to do is cut the 3rd and 4th L5 bridges and it will be detected correctly? Thank you for answering my question.

In the pic below from what it looks like on my regular unlocked Barton, 3 out of 4 of the L5's are cut? Is that correct?

DSCN0257.JPG

Yes, that is correct.
Well all you'd have to do is mirror the L5 bridges on ur desktop chip.

Back