• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which should I go for vid card cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

i will be looking at getting an ati 9800 pro and would like to go with a Iceberg4, vga silencer or Zalman 80c. i am leaning towards the zalman 80c.

what would perform better?

i have the iceburq4 gets me to 450mhz stable on core.
it also looks sexy :D

but the VGA Silencer should perform better.

The silencer and the zalman are both good choices but I went with the zalman because it doesn't make noise but still offers the option of adding a fan if you need that extra bit of cooling.

I havented tested my zalman yet tfor supreme overclocking. but it manages 430 core and i wasnt even cooling the right heatsink. i was cooling the backside, trying to make use of the heatpipe. if i put a panaflo or somthing on my primary side, i wouldnt be suprised if i got 450 core out of it.
if you want your system supremely quiet, zalman, super overclocked, vga silencer.

do you guys expect today's graphics card Heatsinks to fit next-gen vid cards? I'm worried that it'll just be something i'd have to buy all over (plus my 9700 has infineon RAM, which can't overclock worth poop)

Back