• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! Computer Problems!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uLJSANE

Registered
Hello,

I am having a horrible experience right now! I built my brother a computer a little while ago. It has worked PERFECT for a long time. My brother brought his computer to his dorm and all fo a sudden, it fail to work. It turns on, Motherboard lights are good to go . Power Supply is fine. It boots, recognizes CD drives. Keyboard power is good. I can hit num lock and watch the light flash. Although the mouse fails to light up (optical). The Monitor is on but the orange light is lit. This means that the monitor is idling, waiting for the computer to recognize it. Normally once you move the mouse, the monitor will recognize the signal and boot on (green light). Now, the monitor stays idle and the mouse fails to turn on. I am extremely perplexed on the problem! I siwtched my vid card with his, it still doesnt chaneg anything!

Is it possible for the CPU to maybe come loose or maybe have died? If the CPU died would the comp still boot, CD rom and keyboard recognition? I have no clue where to start!
Please Help you nice people!

Thanks a million. JSANe

You may need to make sure your video cable from the monitor is plugged in securely. Also I have seen times when transporting a computer that the ram or cpu (if its a slot one) can become dislodged causing you to get no video or anything. Try reseating the ram and wiggle the cpu a bit and see if that helps.

wow!!! that worked .... semi !

I got to DOS yay! TY DUDE!
But the problem still remains!
i get to BIOS/DOS and is says :
"CPU is unworkable or has been changed Please recheck - CPU SOFT MENU"

hmmm i got to BIOS SOFT MENU CPU
i check it and everything looks good.... there i one choose for CPU thats 2400 ( i have a 2.4 pentium) i am in windows
EVERYTHIGN IS STILL HERE yay

It seems to work lets see how it goes.
thank you!

When your computer boots you need to go into the bios usually by hitting the delete key and enter your cpu parameters. Most of the time you can just go and load optimized settings and hit F10 to save and exit. Try that and let me know.

Xception if i could give you a handshake, i would!
I was thinking of something more along the lines of humping etc but i decided maybe a handshake would do.
For now it seems like everything is great!
Xception IS THE MAN!!!! WOWOWOWOW!
If i could do anything for you i would!:p

GG

Back