• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What the hell ???????????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
J

JIMBO

I turned on the box today to have it reinstall abunch of hardware devices. I was told I had registry errors which windows prompted to go back to a previous backup of the registry. The question to you all is: I did a minor overclock 2 days ago. I bumped up the fbus up from 100 mhz to 112 mhz is it possible to have problems like this at this level? In total I have 3 fans working in my box at all times. All factory desktop logos booted up displaying the windows logo. The night before everything was A.O.K........ The other thing I'm wondering is if someone hacked my system ? I'm using a zone alarm firewall though ?

I need some input, what do you think ?

PIII 500 100mhz fbus clolcked to 112mhz
Asus P3V133 Via Apollo pro 133 chipset
256mb hyundai Pc 133
12.7 Western Digital HD
Ati Rage 128
Soundblaster Live

Yup, win registry errors is a common problem to all overclockers... sad but true.

If you set the clock back to 100MHz, I'll bet you 5$ that your problems will disappear... :)

What temps are you reading?

Back