• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pci Riser Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimbobjones

Registered
Ive just purhaced a dualpci riser card from maplin.co.uk (odrer code A44BC) which is the wrong way around around for the aplication i need ie

l-------- <------PCI cards
l-------- <
l
-------------------------- <-----MOTHERBOARD

But the one that came iw the opposit way around ie

------l
------l
........l
----------------------------

but the pci slot along the botom of the card looks af if it will fit either way around

---------------------------------------------
l.......==============l====.......l
l.......==============l====.......l
l................................................l
l----l........l..................l........l------
......l........l..................l........l
......----------------------------------

(sorry for the pictures better picture on www.jimbobjones.co.uk/download/pci.bmp i hope u get the idea)
ive looked at the conections and they dont seem to have the same functions. so would this unit work the other was around
or do i have to take it back and get a refund and find the write one online

i only ask because grey shoke is such an unfaisonable colour at the moment :)

any assistance would be helpfull or if you know were i can get the corect one that would be just as good

Last edited:
The slots on the PCI riser card should be the same way round as those one your motherboard, i.e. the gap in the same place. Don't plug anything into it until you confirm that the solts are the right sort.

Back