• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the king of pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sup3rcarrx8

Has anyone ever had any experiences with Resun King pumps? They seem to be pretty powerful for their price.

EDIT: Are there such things as generic Mag pumps (i'm talking about the danner mags) and is there a difference between the danner mags and other companies that use the same magnetic system to pump water?

they look like genx pumps..
kinda cheap (rios are cheaper) but i don't like their flow:head:watt ratios. besides that, genx pumps suck (if that happens to be one) i had one in my old fish tank that died after a long noisy life, lol
but thats only my opinion..

Good thign i didn't buy it then lol. I'll just invest my money in a Danner Mag 3 or Eheim 1048 or something then. Any suggestions on sites where i can get those for fairly cheap? Thanks.

The Danners are already relatively generic. Get much cheaper and you'll be better of with an undocumented worker running a paddle wheel by foot.

Instead of an Ehiem 1048 I would go with a Hydor L30.. more head cheaper price and my one is almost totally silent...

Considering how out of shape i get sitting at my box a WC mod using a paddle boat to move the water might be a good moding idea !

The marine depot was $47 with shipping, which in Canadian Peso's was like $75. At the local fish store the Mag3 was $155, gotta luv the mail order :D

Shadowcat said:
Instead of an Ehiem 1048 I would go with a Hydor L30.. more head cheaper price and my one is almost totally silent...

you guys just do not understand how much more powerful the via power aquas are than the Hydors and eheims.

L30 specs

Max Flowrate 320GPH (1200l/h)
-Delivery Head 75" (195cm) or 6 feet

the via has more than twice the head AND more than twice the flow rate. (if your wondering if it delivers, try looking at sqeakygeek's radiator. )

Last edited:
zabomb4163 said:

you guys just do not understand how much more powerful the via power aquas are than the Hydors and eheims.

L30 specs

Max Flowrate 320GPH (1200l/h)
-Delivery Head 75" (195cm) or 6 feet

the via has more than twice the head AND more than twice the flow rate. (if your wondering if it delivers, try looking at sqeakygeek's radiator. )

More like 4x the max flow :)

i had a fish pump/filter by them also and its a POS,emy makes filters and i bought one a while ago not knowing that they make WC products.the emy is still running and i just ordered a 1250,the hydros and swiftec might push more but i like my things not to break

Back