• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low scores & earlier xp builds read this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

secretweapon

Ok so I have been getting low scores for the system in my sig. I scored about 54xx for 03 and 174xx for 01. Never did find out why, but the games played fine so I ignored it. Yesterday I installed the omegadrivers and found that my AGP speed was set to off in SMARTGART :eek: I couldn't change the settings either as the SMARTGART would just reload the off setting. Then I checked under dxdiag and my AGP textures was not available.

After some searching i found out windows xp was not reading some of the new chipsets correctly. I went to Intel and downloaded the chipset inf updater for i875. 3dmark01 is now at 19724 :D I don't know if anyone is in the same boat as I am but I thought I'd share this pain in the *** experience.

Long-ago known issue; anyone with an Intel chipset later than the Natoma series basically is REQUIRED to get the INF file from Intel. By the way, these files are also placed on the original driver CD rom from your motherboard manufacturer.

ASUS never made a mention of it on their MB manual. On my Cd at least it wouldn't load any drivers because "XP should have them msgs shows up and terminates"

wow, what can i say, thanks bud, i though it was a bit strange i could only set my agp to 4x, i just installed the chipset updater and added 3k to my score :D :D :D

Back