• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Startup Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyguy076

Registered
My desktop had a little problem today. I turned the desktop on durning the startup I had a disk read error occured message come up during startup. I suppose it has something to do with the harddrive. Could someone please explain to me how to correct the problem. I can't figure it out. Thanks:(

check the cable connections between the hd and the mobo, the cable may have fallen apart at the connector (this kind of thing had me totally confused for a couple days once) If that seems fine, check to see if it shows up in the bios or not.

That's definitely good advice. Also, if your PCI bus is overclocked (e.g., if you don't have a PCI lock), you might consider backing off from your overclock. I've had similar errors crop up when passing 39-40 MHz on the PCI bus. -- Paul

You were right the strap had come loose from the harddrive. I must not have put it in good. Thanks

Back