• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 Won't Boot... ...again! :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sch-55

Registered
Okay, yet another problem,

I bought a Gigabyte GA7n400 Pro2 last month and everything was fine until it spontaneously decided not to boot again. So I sent it back to EBUYER and got a refund, I then bought another one and it worked fine, until today when it done the same thing again :(.

I have a 500 watt power supply, could it be that the wattage is too high?? - I thought this wasn't possible...

The fans, cd-roms and hdd's all spin but nothing else happens - keyboard and mouse don't light up - the moitor's dont turn on and there are no beeps at all.

I'm confused, is this a known issue?, should I get a different board??

Any help will be greatly appriciated, thx.

sch-55,
What brand is that power supply?

And if you look on the label on the power supply, what does it say the outputs are for the 12v, 5v, and 3v?

You are plugging in both the atx and the 12v 4 pin power cables to the board right?

Laterz,
3sixes -aka- dafanman:cool:

i agree with 3sixes, sounds like you didnt plug in the 4pin 12v. That is exactly what happened to me, no errors, no beeps, everything spins up, but no resoponse from anything else. Make sure you are plugging that in.

Sorry I disappeared, I definatly plugged both power connectors in to the mobo - I've put in an RMA at ebuyer and am getting a replacment - I'll see how it goes.......

I'm glad to see that someone else is having this problem too...

I have TWO 7N400-pro2's (rev 2.0) that did the exact same thing. I was trying to eek out just a little mor performance, when the speaker started giving me an alarm sound (high-low-high, etc) the power shut down, and then no post... no PC speaker beeps... nothing, but the fans and lights...

I'm bringing one of them back to the shop where i bought it (I bought one of them locally for this very reason) to see if they can help, if not, I'll just get another, and try again.

I was trying to OC a 2500 XP Mobile at the time

I'll let you know if they come up with anything tomorrow

PusherD

One difference that I can tell, is that my mouse lights up (but I'm using a USB mouse... if that makes a difference)

I had the same problem with the alarm going off. If the system was cold it would be longer before I got the alarm and shutdown. The longer the system had power, the quicker it would alarm and power off. Even happened while in setup.

Tried everything (clear CMOS, disconning components, reseating memory, trying other memory, cursing, throwing stuff around the room)

What finally fixed it was taking the mobo out, reseating the processor (XP 3200+) and putting it all back together again. I'm pretty sure it was a short somewhere...

I wish mine was that simple...

I tried all of that... In fact, I switched out ALL of my components (Video/ RAM/ CPU...) even tried a PCI video card, and NOTHING!

Brought it into the store where I bought it, and had the tech fight with it for the better part of an hour and 1/2... he cam e to the same conclusion I did... the board wont POST!!!... lol

They were finally convinced enough to RMA it for me and give me a new board... I'll be a little less aggressive when I OC it this time ;)

I just need to get Newegg to RMA the other one now, and I'll be set...

About a gazillion times... lol

Still can't figure out what happened....

Oh well... Thank god forr RMA's... right?

PusherD

I had these problems with a NF7 abit board....Then switched to this Pro2 board & it has been working smooth ever since.

Back