• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This problem is driving me nuts.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sometimes (about 1 out of 10 times) when i boot my sig rig, the mouse does not work. my fix: unplug mouse from comp (still powered up) and plug back in; then the mouse works fine.

GOOD LUCK

Joe Camel tried that several times.

Anvil why waste a usb port when there are ps2 ports made for kb/m

Jetmech. I'm not using a I/O shield right now. I thought of that and removed it to eliminate that as a possible problem.

Any other thoughts?????

Getting the ps2 plugs to stay in is not the problem:D I'de have em in jbweld if it was :D. Looks like I'll have to tear it down again (third time) and insulat the standoffs I might change the PSU while i'm at it.I'm running a fortron 350 aurora. But this same setup was running fine in the coolermaster case. It just driven me nuts.

<Tis crawls out from his cave and bows to lord Anvil82>

Well I hate to admit but it's working fine with usb kb/m. I tore it down for the last time again to try to solve this and it did the same thing. I can only assume my ps2 ports are dead:( No RMA for this board cuz its been modded so I guess I'll have to live with it.

The P4P800 I bought from Kunaak had the KB port quit working too and I have to use USB KB on it now too. Kinda weird, I think mine shorted out on the case. It now gets a keyboard interface error on bootup.

Well it seems to be the kb is the problem. I pluged it into the usb and mouse ps2 is working for now. I still have to hook up a few things ie floppy, and 1 more hdd. I'll get into that tomorrow. If it acts up again I'll post here.

Back