• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best cooling options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noneyabuzz

I am running a p4 2.8 on a ic7 max 3 abit board overclocked about 5% starting to have heat issues. I am thinking about water cooling but looking a good beginers kit to get started . If anyone knows of a good easy to setup kit or has a better cooling option i would love to hear it
thx

noneyabuzz said:
I am running a p4 2.8 on a ic7 max 3 abit board overclocked about 5% starting to have heat issues. I am thinking about water cooling but looking a good beginers kit to get started . If anyone knows of a good easy to setup kit or has a better cooling option i would love to hear it
thx

Is it a 2.8C or a 2.8E?

Hey noneyabuzz: first, welcome to these forums. second, you want a starter's kit, OK, they exist, but, if you have any motor coordination and modding ability, please consider making your own sys: This is one of the very few areas left to overclocking humanity where rolling your own will out-perform ready-made systems. And the commercial systems do in fact test out well... but in the short run...

I understand the whole theory on you wanting a kit but personally I wouldnt reccomend getting one unless its a make your kit thing from dangerden.com or something you know is good. I ordered a cheap kit about a year ago which I MAJORLY regret. Afterall it was $100 but my brother gets the same temps on air as I do then again his is underclocked and mine is overclocked quite a bit. Its gotten to the point where I have upgraded the pump already and soon will be getting a new waterblock and radiator. Overall its not as hard as it seems to put your own together even if you do go buy all prebuilt stuff and dont ghetto rig your own res and stuff. Im not trying to change your mind or anything just giving you a suggestion.

Back