• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus CUV4X-D Dual Socket 370 Pentium 3 ATX Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lucidnight

Registered
Ok, i'm going o be gettting one of these old boards in soon and i'm confused on if it can take a 1ghz with a 256k L2 cache processor. I was planning on getting another one of these processors and slapping it into the other slot, but i can't find anything the says for sure if their the right ones to use. The asus page says it's good form 500mhz on up...so my guess from that was that it was the 256k L2 and not the 512 used on some of the later P3's....is that right? Can i get a P3 1ghz with a 256 L2 cache and have it work?

the only socket 370 p3's with 512k cache are the p3 t's which dont work in most socket 370 boards anyways, but any p3 1000 will work in that board. sweet find though.

To use Tualatin you'd need an adaptor, but it can be done.

All I can say is that I have an Asus P3C-D. Its a dual SLOT board. And I'm running a P3 1ghz SOCKET in it now, and plan on using a Tualatin P3-S soon. So it should be able to do it. the amount of cache has no relevance in any of this though. Good Luck

Back