• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The advantage of push-pull rad setup ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MameXP

HI,
Can someboady explain to me again the advantage of having a push-pull rad setup with 2 x 120mm fans? Long time ago i read something about it, but cant remember the detail.

Also has anyone had experience going from a pull/push with a shroud setup to a push-pull with 2 shrouds setup? Would there be a performance diff?

Thanks,

There are 2 fans. More fans equal more cooling efficancy. What is it that you want to know?

I had no rads at first, then I added 1, and then added a second. I saw a drop of 2c load for the first shroud, and another 1c for the second.

2 fans doesn't double the performace, remember that.

Now where are my WUs?

A rad provides alot of air resistance. It's hard to pull or push air through it. So 1 fan sucking air through it will have a harder time than if another was on the other side pushing air in at the same time.

GM1010, yours is just like how i remember about it. Its about air resistance of the rad. THis should right to me.

Anyone else?

ps. fishy this isnt a "problem" that i have. so no WU reward.

What else do you need to know. 1 fan has to pull air that's standing still, through the rad. This is harder than pulling air that's already moving from being pushed from the second fan. Having a fan with a higher static pressure rating will help this too. i.e. a 120x38mm instead of 120x25.

*edit* I guess you are looking for people with experience with it.

Ah i see, What i have is 2 evercool Alu fans push and pull. The readon i'm asking is that so i can understand and mod it the way i want. Space is what i concern of

Thanks

Yea.. the perf diff won't be something that will amaze you... (1-2C) If spcae is a mojor issue and you have to drill/cut your case and spend major time in order to go push/pull then I say forget it unless you REALLY want to. Personally if I have to take out my dremel for mods that will increase 1-2C... I tend to stay away from it

Back