• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

kde won't emerge! compile problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

Hello again, I've got another gentoo problem (I got the ethernet working, long story ;) ) I've gotten the base system and xfree 4.3 emerged but the kde-libs-3.2.0 build errors out after the configure stage and a bit into the compiling process and the emerge stops. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm making it try again and if it fails I will post the exact error. Any feedback appreciated. If you need more info please ask.

try to do this

emerge kde-libs-3.2.0

by itself. and if it works then do emerge kde

but in the mean time you might want to emerge fluxbox so you can have an desktop to use whilke compiling KDE.

Here is a great source for Gentoo on IRC

irc.freenode.net
#gentoo

If you get on IRC PM me on the forums and I will show you where a few overclockers hang out.

OK, it failed again and here is the error.

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.2.0 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, line 128, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make

then it dumps to the command line. I'll try to get fluxbox working so i have something useful.

OK I also can't emerge kde-libs-3.2.0.

!!! problem in kde-base/kdelibs-3.2.0 dependencies
!!! "specific key requires an operator (kde-base/kdelibs-3.2.0) (try adding an '=' )"

So I guess now I really do need fluxbox :D. Also how can I get emerge to delete the files it downloaded and redownload them in case I somehow got a corrupted tar ball? Thanks

Weird. wait till one of the gentoo guys show up. But you can ask in that IRC channel and someone should be able to help you:D

Thanks christoph, I'll try that and hopefully it'll be done so I can retry to emerge kde before I go to bed. BTW kendan I got into the irc channel (first time with IRC) and there are quite a few helpful people there. What's your nickname?

so would stopping the emerge of gcc with ctrl+c mess anything up so that I can type them both in and run again?

Cool thanks :) I'll get back with you in about 12 hours and let you know what happens.

Well it still failed at the same spot building kde :( This is starting to get a bit annoying.

Ok I formatted and reloaded the partitions for linux and went through everything again and now it seems to be working, It's been emerging kde all day now :D so when it finishes I will let you know how it works.

Back