• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bottom line, how do I get an accurate temp with an IS7-E?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonas007

I've got a 2.4c and after the bios 18 flash my idle temps have been 52c and load is around 56c. Temps are recorded using Winbond. I don't even have it oc'd right now. So, bottom line, whats an accurate way to measure my cpu's temp?

Buy something like an Aerogate that has a physical thermometer. That is the only way to be absolutly sure what ur temps are.

Generally, everyone seems to agree that Abit reports temps a little higher than others. But even so, your temps appear a little too warm for default. Idle temps are way too high, looks like you are in dire need of better case ventilation.

Sounds to me like you need to reseat the cpu. I have an IS7 e in my wifes comp and her's is 40º at idle and up to 52º at load and that is with a zahlman copper. I think I need to reseat her's as well.

I used AS3, stock cooler, 1 front intake fan, 1 side intake fan, 2 exhaust fans, and then the psu exhaust fan. Before I flashed to v18 bios my idle temp was 39c. Its only afterwards that I would get these ridiculous temps.

Back