• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally oc'd !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaTfOoD

Woohoo!! I finally got the guts to oc my amd 2100+ palomino

Its small...from 1741mhz to 1800 (2200+ levels!) but I am proud and just wanted to announce my first oc!! :D :D

Congrats! "(Would OC it, but not all mine lol )" whos is it then? Give them a taste of overclockers.com and they might change their mind.

lol it's the family comp...if it was mine, it'd be at least running at 2ghz. But if i kill it, they kill me so 1.8 will have to do. At least now I can have a justified reason for hanging out here at overclockers.com!

Parkest said:
Just say it was lightning that killed it....lightning screws everything up.

The sad part is that this is true!

The only reason you need to hang around here is that you wana learn more about computers. If you have an O\C'ed computer it just makes you special:p lol

CaTfOoD said:

Sorry bout that...I was just so excited. I posted like 30 sec after the OC. will try to post in the right section from now on

Did you check for stability lol.
I give you 1 week before you raise that clock. Its a drug once you start you dont stop...youll push it! and dont fight that urge, it only gets harder to resist. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE - CLOCK THAT MOFO!

Zoltan

good job. i was scared the first time i overclocked something :) i was like oh crap will it blow up?? if it blows up i wont have money to buy another processor..but i went ahead and it did it anyways and it worked..so im an overclocking monkey now :)

i'm gonna try to o/c my other palomino to 166 bus, i just want the ram to be at 1:1 because the mem divider kills performance. a/w, i gave up on o/c the core of that chip but you gave me new hope!

so true, i was "happy" with my locked barton at 200x11xstock vcore. RIGHT, NOT, so now im currently testing my mobile barton at 200x12. THANKS GUYS! youve gotten me addicted now

well, the palomino overclock didn't take long to give up again :D locked multi at 12.5, would love 166 fsb but not gonna happen unless i do a wire trick or something, will look into that later but as i recall last time i tried to overclock that chip it was unstable with 1 mhz added to fsb in prime.

Contrats to you. FYI, it's a palomino, so it won't o/c too much. You will be lucky if you can get an extra 300Mhz out of it.

Back