• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my FAH is broken.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Binow

[11:52:43] Loaded queue successfully.
[11:52:43] + Benchmarking ...
[11:52:45] - Preparing to get new work unit...
[11:52:45] + Attempting to send results
[11:52:45] + Attempting to get work packet
[11:52:45] - Connecting to assignment server
[11:53:01] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[11:53:16] + Could not connect to Assignment Server 2
[11:53:16] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[11:53:16] - Error: Attempt #1 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

This is what I get. When I CTRL+ALT+DEL F@H isnt even running at all. I dont think it ran all night last night. Whats going on?

You can always check out this page to see if some of the stanford folding servers are down.

In your case, it would seem that your client is unable to get work from the server.

Sooner or later it will start receiving instructions again, so don't worry.

Cheers, Flix

Yes I agree with Flix, the server was probably down or it was a problem with your internet connection.

As for it not running the the task manager, is it set to run as a service? That is when it runs in the backround it will show up in the "processes" tab as FAH or somthing like that.

If it's running as a service, stop the service, if not, skip this step. Now start the console with the flags you normally use and see what happens. If it does this again, Ctrl+c and start it again. try this a few times and you should connect. I have to do this with 23 or so computers I have borged a LOT more often than I would like to. I am almost to the point of giving up on them and let them go at their own, getting work every few days. :mad:

If you are starting it with the -advmethods or any other "special" flags, see this post or this one, try removing the flags and starting it without them. Once you are able to get a WU and it gets to the point of 0 of whatever frames, Ctrl+c the console and restart the service if you run the service installs. Hope this helps, in more ways then one.

COME JOIN THE BETA TEAM!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't use any flags at all. I use the one click. That is supposed to automatically include the proper flags right?

Binow said:
I don't use any flags at all. I use the one click. That is supposed to automatically include the proper flags right?
Yes. To stop it and restart it, go to start > run and type services.msc and look for the FAH or Folding service. Right click it, choose stop. Right click and choose start.

Back