• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a Swifttech MCX159 fit on an Asus P4C800 E Deluxe with a SP-94 Heatsink?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

Will the Swifttech MCX159™ series heatsink work on the north bridge on a asus p4c800 e deluxe and would I run into clearance problems with my SP-94 heatsink with a 92mm fan? Or should I just buy a 40mm fan and zip tie it to my northbridge? Thanks for all the help want to get this all straightened out before I order the MCX159.

Greetings,

I don't have your exact setup, but I do have a Microcool Northpole (this guy) mounted next to a Swiftech MCX478-V heatsink / Sanyo 92x38mm fan combo on my P4C800-E deluxe. I had to mod the Northpole's top mounting slots to make it fit next to the heatsink, and then it only had about 2 mm clearance. The 159 doesn't have the top mounting slots though, so it may have 3 or 4 more mm of clearance than the Northpole does.

I think the MCX478 is 89 mm wide at the top, and the SP-94 is reported to be 99 mm at its widest top point and 81 mm at its widest bottom point. I'd measure the total width of the SP-94 in the direction of the northbridge, if it is larger than 90 mm then the NB sink probably won't fit. I don't own a SP-94 though, so keep in mind that I don't know this for sure (just a guess!).

Maybe somebody else on the forums has mounted this combo?

Good luck, and if you do decide to try it let us know if it fits.

will it hinder the installation of a zalman cooler on a 9800 pro with an sp-94 and swifty mcx159 nb cooler? or would i just be better to get a 40mm fan and twisty it to the asus nb cooler instead of the swifty?

If you're going to use the MCX159 on the mobo, there won't be any room for that zalman VC cooler.

I have the sapphire ultimate extreme edition with that zalman clone and there wasn't any room since i got the MCX159P. i took the clone off and went water cooling on the card with the MCW50.

thanks ill order it now how is this websites service compared to newegg. and i hope this will connect to mb without having to buy additional connectors so it will look neat.

they are great service. i order with money orders and i get my stuff in about a week...as for connecting the fan to the stock HS, use a twist tie or something. you may also want to take it off, clean off the goop they stuck on and put on some AS5

arctic silver 5 will be better. dont put to much, clean off the sink, clean off the chip with alchohol (isopropyl) and then apply a small dab, put the hs back on, attatch the fan however you see fit and yes it will hook up to the connector by the green light. the wire is 12" long so it should be fine.

Back