• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

980ti SC SLI on ASUS Z170-DELUXE With INTEL 750 2.5" NVME M.2 x 4 SSD as Boot.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrokenPC

Registered
980ti SC SLI on ASUS Z170-DELUXE With INTEL 750 2.5" NVME M.2 x 4 SSD as Boot.

So, I am gathering parts for my machine which will be a Dual EVGA 980ti SC SLI on an ASUS Z170-DELUXE mobo With INTEL 750 400GB 2.5" NVME M.2 x 4 SSD as Boot. I went with the 2.5" because I thought the PCIE drive was well, fugly. But now I am worried cause the little hyperkit deal looks like it will conflict with the video card. Looking around, the Asus site, it appears that I can install the hyper kit into they hyper card and put it in a PCIE slot if I have to. Anyhow, if anyone has any thoughts on this, let me know. I know if I rip the cooler off and put them on water I can avoid the conflict but I was hoping to avoid that. Anyways, I will sacrifice the drive before I sacrifice the SLI, and I will Sacrifice the motherboard if there is a better solution. All the motherboards appear to suffer from the same problem.

Also, anybody know the SLI connector size I need? 60mm or 80mm? (Long, Short)??

Thanks.

Yes, it came with the flexi one. I should have been more clear, I wanted the little plastic bit with the LED's in it that EVGA sells. They have two sizes, 60mm (small) and 80mm (large) Which I guess depends on which slots your cards are in and how far apart they are. I'll just hook em up and measure. I can use the flexi one in the mean time.

Ah, that makes more sense as to why you're asking.
It appears to be the long (80mm) pattern. See how there are two x1 slots between the two x16 slots?

Back