• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Z690-E + 4090 help please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You get used to it... lol. Frame counters on day 1, and that's that. It's a 4090 (I have one too), so there's no worries in anything. You get a free 2% performance bump on your next upgrade, perhaps. :p

Hah! I gave in, too late. Ended up removing my Thunderbolt card & putting back my Hyper card. Not using the M.2_1 anymore, only using the M.2_2 & M.2_3 slots now, with my third M.2 in my Hyper card, things just weren't working out between us. But I'll tell you what, it is very nice to see GPU-Z report x16 Gen 4, I feel clean once again. Do you overclock your 4090 EarthDog or is that a stupid question on a forum called overclockers??

Just noticed at ASUS Z790 MB's the only ones with built-in Thunderbolt ports & not just headers for a card are the Maximus Hero & Extreme.

Thanks for your help all & clearing up that M.2_1 slot & GPU PCI-X lane distribution conundrum.

Thanks for your help all & clearing up that M.2_1 slot & GPU PCI-X lane distribution conundrum.
i know i am nit-picking here, but pci-x is no longer used. It is pcie we are talking about, with X be the numbers lanes, ie PCIE 16x or x16. PCI-X was used in servers and a 64bit slot, not 32bit like the standard pci. :)

i know i am nit-picking here, but pci-x is no longer used. It is pcie we are talking about, with X be the numbers lanes, ie PCIE 16x or x16. PCI-X was used in servers and a 64bit slot, not 32bit like the standard pci. :)
lol! Sorry, when I was typing PCI-X I just meant PCI-eXpress. Ok PCIE it is from now on. :)

Back